Long forgotten by tourist guides, the city of Lucknow has a lot to offer and the tourism department of Uttar Pradesh has been working for several years to promote this multicultural capital rich in monuments and recognized for its cuisine!
Why visit Lucknow?
For its cuisine
Lucknow is the capital of kebab and chaat! Gourmets make miles to taste its famous beef kebab or the chaat of the Royal Café
For its architecture
Lucknow, by its history, is an architectural mix of the most interesting. You can see:
- A labyrinth, support for the Bara Imambara
- The remains of English imperialism. The Residency, shrine of Indian resistance and its museum are very interesting for history lovers
- “La Martinière”, a school with a rather strange architecture, built by a French immigrant
- The Clock Tower and its immense place
- The fish adorning the houses of old Lucknow, symbol of peace between religions
Chikan and zardori embroideries are beautiful! There are also many leather products.
You will also find the famous Sugandhco perfume shop at Janpath Market.
We highly recommend the bike tour organized by UP Tourism.
For its location
You can not find tickets to Varanasi, make a stop in Lucknow, it’s on the road! Lucknow is part of the “HeritageArc”, the golden triangle of Uttar Pradesh.
You go to Nepal, Lucknow is 3 hours from the border (Nepalgunj) by bus.
Looking for a guide? Atif knows its city and its history perfectly. His phone: +91 9956670576
More info: http://www.uptourism.gov.in/pages/top/explore/lucknow